KSM Human Resources is looking for a
Cloud Applications Engineer
The candidate should have some operational experience and expertise spanning high availability systems in both lower and production environments and a firm grasp on automation and cloud architectures.
Day to day tasks:
- Deploy, administer, monitor, and troubleshoot Unify solutions in cloud environments
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to deploy cloud solutions for a wide range of customers
- Engage with Development, QA, and Product teams in bringing cases to resolution
- Implement and validate solution changes, ensuring minimal downtime and maximum operational efficiency
- Be proactive in recognizing and handling uptime and performance challenges
- Troubleshoot the system and provide root cause analysis
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools.
- Providing direct support to Cloud users
- Ensure the highest level of uptime and Quality of Service (QoS) for our customers through operational excellence.
- Work in a diverse and global team environment.
- Cross-train with other global team members.
- Follow change management processes during implementations.
- Enforce consistency of monitoring, reporting, and alarming systems
- Help drive process improvements for service management, including: outage/incident management, rollbacks and reporting
- Ensure compliance with deployment and operations documentation
- Provide on-call support outside of normal work hours/days
- University degree (BS/MS) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year of experience in a Cloud support organization (e.x: level 2, Level 3)
- Hands-on experience with multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments (including but not limited to system and network administration, 24/7 intervention on Internet and SaaS products)
- Linux/Windows system administration in a complex data center environment
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare
- Good knowledge of WebRTC, SIP, MGCP protocols and standards
- Troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing hardware/software issues to large scale failures within a complex infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise firewalling, network security principles, and general networking best practices
- Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation
- Fulfilled military service (Men candidates)
- Customer facing profile with excellent Communication and Negotiation Skills
- Fluency in English
- Strong understanding of the Unified communications industry.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact directly with customers who do not have an IT background
Good to have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar field
- ITIL certification